As we are gearing up to start the R&D program, I thought it would be nice to share this inspirational video of our field manager’s six year old son, Abedi. One branch of the R&D program is product design, which will require a lot of empathy and creativity from our staff. Abedi shows us just how it’s done in this video. His curiosity, combined with an old bottle and lollipop stick, turns into a fully-functioning handwashing station. I think Dave Kelley would be pretty proud of this little guy. He doesn’t worry about what people will think, or if he’s “creative” enough to pull this off. He just allows his own imagination to go free. However, this kind of creativity, as my colleague has written about in the Education program, is not particularly encouraged in this community. It’s something we hope to change.
About Matt Lee
- Jake Harriman on Happening Now with Jon Scott | Fox News July 29, 2015
- Nuru Ethiopia Healthcare Program is ready to launch August 21, 2015
- Why the majority of Nuru Ethiopia ‘savers’ are women August 20, 2015
- Have the BEST September ever! Join #30Ways August 20, 2015
- Bountiful bean harvest: Mama Hellen’s story August 18, 2015
- Expats vs. Locals: who should drive development? August 11, 2015